Thursday, November 9, 2017
Hogwash and Circus Clowns: TOP 7 Links for Creative Entrepreneurs
Here are seven quick, hand-picked links I thought you might find helpful:
1) Fear and uncertainty are the evil twins that stop most creative people in their tracks. Here's a short video on how to overcome them. (Believe it or not, hogwash, Jethro, and circus clowns are part of the cure.)
2) Nicolette Stinson covers 7 Common Myths About Following Your Passion. In #2, she debunks the "Do What You Love, the Money Will Follow" myth. It's a nice idea, but there are many additional factors that influence someone becoming an abundant artist.
I also covered this topic in this video from 2011.
3) Cory Huff dispels another myth: Artists can't sell. Hogwash! (There's that word again.) The solution is simply to ask other creatives how they sell. Cory asked, and he got answers!
4) If you've never seen it, check out Ira Glass (host of This American Life) talking about "the gap." It's a frustration that many creative people experience. The good news: There's an easy solution.
5) I'm all for sharing your work and touching people with your creativity. But, as Austin Kleon says, you don't have to share everything.
6) Stop comparing yourself to others! Start comparing yourself to the only person who matters.
7) So, you think you don't have time for your art, music, writing, or creativity? Guess again. Here's an inspiring perspective, which includes the Jerry Seinfeld method.
Wanna get TOP 7 lists like this sent to your inbox every week? Get them free right here ...
Thanks for all you do to express your creativity and share it with the world!
P.S. If you enjoyed this TOP 7 list and want to express your gratitude ... Purchase a book below, become a patron, subscribe to my YouTube channel, follow me on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
For More Inspiration ...
Here are three more resources that will power up your creative juices and help you thrive as an artist:
The Passion Principles
101 Ways to Express Your Creativity and Share It With the World
The Empowered Artist
A Call to Action for Musicians, Writers, Visual Artists, and Anyone Who Wants to Make a Difference With Their Creativity
The DIY Career Manifesto
The Unconventional Guide to Turning Your Talents and Know-How into a Profitable Business
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment