Jack Conte has become a leading voice for independent musicians who are making a living and making a difference in the digital era. He is best know for the musical duo Pomplamoose, which he co-creates with his partner Nataly Dawn. In 2013 he founded Patreon, a new concept in crowdfunding that has a lot of people talking.
In this wide-ranging interview Jack has a lot to say about:
- YouTube and the massive role it played in his success
- How he earns more than $7,000 for every free music video he puts out
- His surprising view of failure and trying new things
- What he means by "Acting before you are ready"
- The "mental poison" he had to overcome years ago
- How "Sesame Street" helped Pomplamoose create viral YouTube videos
Watch or listen now!
Audio podcast available too!
Click here to download the MP3
Click here to subscribe to the Creative Entrepreneur on iTunes or on Stitcher.
Click here for the audio podcast RSS feed
Show notes and links:
The Patreon micro crowd-funding site
Pomplamoose Music YouTube channel
Pomplamoose on StageIt
"The Tipping Point" by Malcolm Gladwell
The DIY Career Manifesto on Amazon
Want to know when new Creative Entrepreneur interviews are posted? Get on the DIY Career Manifesto VIP List. It's free and easy. And you'll get a big free sample of my new book. Click here ...
Yes, that is my artwork on the wall behind me. To see more of it, visit www.PopRockArtStudio.com