Well, my guest on this episode has been performing improv for decades and now runs a thriving business that teaches people how do it.
Shana Merlin, in my view, is the improv comedy queen of Austin, TX. She took a passion and skill that most people only do part-time for fun and turned it into Merlin Works, a school that shows adults how to have fun and think on their feet.
In this fun, in-depth interview Shana talks about:
- How the improv principle of "Yes, and ..." was key to her business success
- Why she embraces the idea of the "lean startup"
- The unique challenges that moms face when building a business
- Her alternate view of Michael Gerber's E-Myth strategy (and I totally agree with her)
- The book she discovered in Fourth Grade that changed her life
Watch or listen now!